Saturday, March 21, 2009

Tax Time ~ ribbit


I dread doing our taxes ~ go through this every year.  Turbo Tax makes it so much easier (even changing and doing them on my Mac laptop this year), but I just hate the process . . . 

As I spent the morning working my way through this year's return (following Mrs. Goodneedle's timely and so-wise FROG advice), I knew something was horribly, terribly wrong.  The tax due number was just TOO huge ~ unreasonable ~ no way ~ completely outrageous.  My stomach was in knots and my mind was in turmoil.

Finally, I got to the point where the software would print out the return so I could figure out why Uncle Sam wanted us to pay in SO much more.

And, there it was ~ a simple typo ~ one digit ~ but that tiny change saved us over $10,000 in tax due!

And, in keeping with the "frog first" message ~ I genuinely hope this morning's scare means nothing else can come anywhere close to those awful feelings as the rest of this day unfolds (after all, our Univ. of Memphis Tigers are playing their second round NCAA game in a couple of hours).  

Quiltdivajulie
---------------------------
“Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.” (Napoleon Bonaparte)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you found the typo! I can imagine what a relief that must have been!

Teresa said...

I have to do mine too, and I also use Turbo. I think I am going to take a day off work to do it, although normally I can get it done in a couple of hours. At least with a day off I can reward myself in the afternoon.

Helen said...

I'm glad you ate your frog.

Congratulations on getting the dirty job done and of course for finding your error and saving yourself from overpayment.

Hugs

Tonya Ricucci said...

holy cow, so glad you found the mis-typed digit. Enjoyed the frog video. My frog for the day is cleaning the house. Was supposed to get it done yesterday. sigh.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Glad you found the error, that $$ could buy a LOT of frog food. *ribbit*