Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Afternoon Picnic

Here is the second of the two Super Bowl Twist quilts that I made ~ Sunday Afternoon Picnic.

As with Cotton Candy, I pulled yardage from my stash for the pieced back.  This is one of the corners ~ not quite sure why this Moda floral was purchased.

Here is another corner ~ this Moda floral was used on the back of Sweet Dreams, the oversize queen charm quilt now living at Chris's house.

Third of the three fabrics ~ this one was first used in a now worn-out quilt for our younger son (undergraduate dorm).

And one last "crumpled" photo showing the back with one corner of the outer border showing.  The binding used on this quilt was my alternate for Dandelion Detour.  Again, Chris did her wonderful meandering on this utility quilt that will be donated to a local senior come December.

Not much time for sewing this weekend ~ lots of government inspired/required paperwork, house cleaning, yard work, errand running, etc.  But, the sun is out and it is GORGEOUS outside.

Quiltdivajulie
------------------------

“Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"” (Robin Williams)

4 comments:

Teresa said...

I think pieced quilt backs are so charming, yet I never think to do one myself. I got to fix that - maybe with my next quilt.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

That quilt,a sunny day, plus a basket full of goodies is a Sunday Afternoon Picnic of epic proportions. Well done, as always!!

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with the binding! Anyone who gets this quilt is sure to be happy!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Usually, I hunt around in my stash, and sometimes I combine two or three different fabrics for the backs.