Next week, I'll be participating in Bonnie's Sister's Choice workshop in Franklin, TN ~ this is the quilt I'll be working on . . . The nine-patches were pieced from leftover bits of earlier quilts, notably Afternoon Tea (think blue skies and sunshine). I've pinned them onto the design wall in a 4 x 6 layout (tried to balance out the distribution of blues that contain flashes of other colors) and am attaching the row/block labels to the completed blocks for easy transport (you can see the project box below ~ from the on-sale scrapbooking aisle at Michael's).
I'd love to be able to actually assemble the center of the top while I'm there (but, more likely than not, I'll still be piecing blocks which is just fine). When the time comes, the borders will echo the burgundy tones.
As I passed through the sunroom on my way out the door this morning, this is what I saw . . .Quiltdivajulie
------------------------
"Who among us hasn't envied a cat's ability to ignore the cares of daily life and to relax completely?” (Karen Brademeyer)
It's Monday ~ here's an extra quote to enjoy:
"Try to relax and enjoy the crisis.” (Ashleigh Brilliant)
7 comments:
I'm certain these are the happiest blocks on the planet at this very moment and I know for a fact that very pretty Angel would make me smile as I walked out the door this morning. She makes me smile now. Look at those cute little marshmallow toes, too!!!
"Who among us hasn't envied a cat's ability to ignore the cares of daily life and to relax completely?” (Karen Brademeyer) - I envy - count me in!
Afternoon tea also meazns paper thin cucumber sandwiches.
Give Bonnie my love and have a great time.
Your kitty is so pretty! Love the quotes and they sure have been applicable for the day I am having.
looks like spring has arrived - at least in your studio, you prolific quilter, you.
Love your color way for the sisters choice (That pattern has been off & on my to do list forever.) but the kitty steals my heart. >^..^< (Don't tell mine.)
forgive the stupid question, but why do you have to sew BEFORE the workshop with Bonnie? I understand getting the fabrics ready, but you've lost me on the pre-sewing part. I hope you have fun with her -- she's coming near my way in April and I'm thinking about going to see her then.
Post a Comment