This is the drying rack I purchased at Lowe's for the tie project ~ as you can tell, most of the ties shown are not yet pressed and none of them are interfaced; but now they are easier to work with, so progress will happen sooner. More on that tomorrow. . .
These are our other two traditional quilt racks (being inspected by Miss Angel early this morning since they were not in their usual places).The one on the left was found at a local antique mall 20 years ago when I went looking for something to use in our master bath for our damp towels. It continues to serve that purpose with style.
The quilt rack on the right is one DH made 30 some years ago. Actually, he made three of these ~ one for me, one for my sister, and one for my mother. I hadn't started making quilts when we cleared out my mother's house, so her quilt rack was sold (and yes, I have kicked myself a gazillion times for that decision). My sister still has hers, and has promised it to me if she ever decides she no longer needs it.
Heavy wind and lots of rain last night ~ they're predicting an overcast high of 68 with temps to drop into the low 30s tonight . . . and the roller coaster ride for our sinuses continues.
Quiltdivajulie
------------------------
"There are three things in life that people like to stare at: a flowing stream, a crackling fire, and a Zamboni clearing the ice.” (Charlie Brown)
1 comment:
Even if noone else does, a cat knows when something has been moved! (I opened up space under my hutch - my cat is now under the imopression that that is a cat spot.)
Post a Comment