Thursday, February 19, 2009

They're Here!


Late last year, Clare and I agreed to a swap. I sent a package of batiks off to her and she shipped this parcel from France on January 12 ~ she and I have both been wondering where the package could have gone. . . but now it has finally arrived at my house, roughly 35 days and 4,500 miles later. You can see that Angel just had to sniff test it.


Then, when I emptied the silk ties out onto the floor, Angel proceeded to perform an even more in-depth inspection. She seems determined to maintain her status as my official kitty-tester!

Once I get these beautiful ties taken apart, I'll get serious about piecing the first few blocks for my quilt ~ and, with such a glorious array of colors thanks to Belinda and Diane and Clare and others, there may be two different tie projects in my future . . .

Once again ~ here's to collaboration, blogging friends, and the generosity of our fellow quilters!

Quiltdivajulie
---------------------------

"The distance is nothing; it is only the first step that is difficult.”

(Madame Marie du Deffand)

5 comments:

Millie said...

Hmm... I bought my son a suit when he graduated from college, and he never liked the ties I bought for him. Maybe I can get him to contribute to the cause, since they're not doing anything in his closet.

btw, Millie completely understands why Angel has to thoroughly examine the contents of any package that arrives here.

Anonymous said...

Angel is a really good inspector, she has had a lot of practice!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Now that looks like fun, such an exciting swap. Great ties!!

jovaliquilts said...

Remember the old song, "Scarlet Ribbons"? It popped into my head when I saw the pile of ties, "in gay profusion lying there."

Clare said...

I'm so glad they got there safely, even though they took 35 days.

Miss Angel can probably smell Magic who had a good rummage through them before they were sent off.