This is the second of the two Super Bowl Twist quilts I started (click to enlarge photo). The blocks are finally laid out on the design wall, patiently waiting for me to stitch them together. Best of all, I'm so tickled to have used up almost all of the Moda Quilt Pink jelly roll that has been lurking about in my stash for 2 years!
The lower piece will become the narrow stop border and the upper fabric will be used for the outer borders.
And these are the fabrics that will become the pieced backing...
What to use for binding? I pulled two lengths from my box of leftover bindings and stitched them together end-to-end [one is a happy, vibrant purple print and the other is a royal blue on blue floral] ~ assymetrical, decidedly un-pink, binding ahead!
No clue when I will get this assembled ~ the dress/tie project is sprawled all over my studio right now; the batiks for our king bed quilt are stacked on my sewing table with the first blocks on the other design wall; the long-overdue basket quilt is loudly calling my name; and this morning, before work, I pulled out 2-1/2" strips and squares from the stash for Bonnie's Sister's Choice quilt (I'm going to attend one of her workshops in early March).
SO many colors and possibilities ~
Quiltdivajulie
------------------------------
"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.” (A.A. Milne)
5 comments:
It's going to look great when it's done - I like your border fabrics a lot.
Its going to be a great quilt!
I like this arrangement with these fabrics a lot too!
I love how you work with all these projects at once. You're a woman after my own heart! This "cotton candy" top is is really fantastic. I like the fabrics you have planned out, too!!!
I really like it, Julie! Looks great -- wonderful fabric choices. Sorry I haven't commented lately, but I got behind and am just catching up.
Post a Comment