Thursday, February 12, 2009

And another one joins the list:

This is the beginning of a wonderfully scrappy, stash reduction Sister's Choice quilt that has moved up on my list quite unexpectedly [especially because of my almost-last-minute decision to visit a Nashville-area quilt guild when they host Bonnie of Quiltville].

I've spent several short bursts of time before and after work pulling strips from my stash and trimming the creams into usable 6-1/2" rectangles and 2-1/2" squares. The blue and yellow squares were already cut to size from ends of earlier quilts, now sorted to create 25 unique nine-patch blocks. Still some more cutting and sorting to do, but it won't take too long.

Not enough of the primary burgundy? Back to the box to find another with similar value. For some reason (could it be the colors?) ~ this kind of decision making exhilarates me, unlike the organizing/filing choices I have to make all day long at work.

Off to the doctor for a follow up on my knee. . .

Quiltdivajulie
-------------------------
“It takes both rain and sunshine to make a Rainbow.” (author unknown)

3 comments:

Gari in AL said...

Isn't Bonnie awful? Just when you think you have everything under control she shows up and you have started something new, with LOTS of little pieces. Since October I have started two BH quilts and now have bins with scraps in assorted sizes.

Anonymous said...

WOW! You are on to another one! You are the most productive person I know!I know you will have a blast with Bonnie! It will be time to go, before you can blink! Have a blast!

The Calico Cat said...

At least one of my I Spy quilts has jumped up in que. Jacob & I looked at one that was hanging in our LQS, now he has to have one at home.