This photo was taken on our fence in the thinning late afternoon sunlight (we're supposed to have rain 4 out of the next 5 days). It's breezy today so I had to use a few push pins (in the seam allowances) to temporarily tack the top (48" x 56") in place.
Here's a slightly different view ~ this one is hard to photo! Clicking to enlarge them really does help.
And this is the back! I've had 2 yards of the art deco kitties in my stash since my very first visit to Stitcher's Garden in Franklin TN (early 2004). There are 9-1/2" vertical stripes of green on both sides ~ that same green will be used for the binding (looks completely awesome in person). The sun is going down so I hurried up to get the photos ~ later tonight, I'll press and square the backing and then it's off to visit Chris and Iris ~ Chris and I have been talking about how to quilt this one and we've come up with an exciting plan!
Lots of different name ideas popped into my head as I was stitching this afternoon ~ I wrote them down and will let them "marinate" for a while longer. By the time the binding is done, the right name will make itself known.
I love studio Saturdays!
Quiltdivajulie
--------------------------------
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called." (A.A. Milne)
12 comments:
I like this quilt very, very much. Nice to see something other than red with B&W.
I love it! I agree with Nancy, it's a refreshing color combo.
Love it, love it, love it! I spent uninterrupted time in The Strawberry Patch today, and it proved most beneficial! Well done, Julie!
sooooo yummy. Awonderfully comforting looking quilt :-)
I love that cat fabric, and have used it in the past. I can't wait to see what you and Chris have planned.
Most excellent!
Turned out very groovy!
Wonderful quilt! And your Pooh quote is terrific, perfect for the post.
The little green bird you just won from my blog give-away will go perfectly with this quilt! Congratulations!
I have those kitties...
(different comment on the B&W blog.)
Yup - definitely like the green with the black and white.
Saturday was spent arranging buckets on my sewing table to catch the drips from a leak in the roof!
Oh this is neat and I love that back, too.
Post a Comment