Wednesday, January 21, 2009

One More Row to Go

These are the final seven blocks waiting to be pieced . . .

And here is the top so far ~ I'm playing around with some internal stripes of color rather than just putting a border around the outside. [click on photo to enlarge]

Once all of the blocks are pieced, I'll be able to step back and see if the overall balance of greens is pleasing enough to start stitching the rows together. Even now, I'm thinking the left vertical row needs to have a 'wow' green nearer the top to break up the more subtle shades.

It will be the weekend before I have any significant time to stitch ~ group dinner after work tonight, PT after work tomorrow night, and family dinner on Friday ~ but I'll be able to check the layout at different times of day to be sure I like the arrangement between now and Saturday morning.

Quiltdivajulie
-------------------------
"All respectability, all honor is meaningless if it drives you against your nature. What can you do if you are not a lotus flower, but just a marigold?
Enjoy being a marigold." (Chandan)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I love it just the way it is! Why not just bind it in the green in the border, or do a scarppy green binding. It IS fabulous! what fun!

Elsie Montgomery said...

I like your idea of an inner border, and agree that this one is really a WOW quilt!

Don't you wish life didn't always interfere with quilting! 'Course if we sewed all the time, we'd be quite one dimensional people.

Have a great week!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I agree with Q4U, it is fun and fabulous, and you know... "it isn't easy being green". I quote Kermit whenever I can!!

verobirdie said...

I love it, very energetic!

Unknown said...

Julie, I do love the green "sparks" against the black and white. I really didn't find the info explaining the black and white challenge although I did navigate to the page where all the members are leaving updates.

Melinda said...

I love the color scheme. My latest quilt is using the same type of green along with black and white. I am enjoying it very much.

Donna said...

I always love a strip border followed by more of the centre blocks on the outside... really works here I think :-)

Debra Dixon said...

How are you piecing these blocks?

Linda said...

Ditto to Quilt Pixie......

jovaliquilts said...

Oh, it's looking terrific!