Friday, December 5, 2008

Just for Me ...

When I met Chris at lunch time earlier this week, she surprised me with this wonderful table runner. It will spend every December on my grandfather's cedar chest, which functions as our coffee table, in our living/family/great room.


The very best part, aside from the fact that she made it especially for me, is that she created it WITHOUT using a pattern! That may not seem like a big deal, but it's a huge step for her and I love it!! She pieced the back and incorporated batik scraps on the front...


I'm almost done hand stitching the last of the binding on Dandelion Detour ~ hope to have "finished" photos to share soon!


Quiltdivajulie

-----------------------------

Listen to the mustn't, child; listen to the don'ts, listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts, listen to the never haves, then listen close to me -anything can happen, child. Anything can be. (Shel Silverstein)

6 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

What a great gift! And I love that Shel Silverstein.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are enjoying it! The kittys look so happy!

Vicki W said...

What a lovely gift!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Merry Christmas, Julie! It's grand.

Anonymous said...

Julie, remember how I recycled the giftwrap? Stacie said you will be happy to know that when she had my present wrapped in it, she paid to have it qrapped and the money was given to a charity that helps homeless children.

Anonymous said...

oops! sorry for the mis-spelling on 'wrapped', I typed it in the dark!