Thursday, December 4, 2008

Challenge Participation


I have joined in Jackie's Black and White Challenge.

I've long had a photo of my black and white stash in the sidebar album of quilty projects waiting for attention ~ and this is just the motivation I need to get busy and make my black and white...

I've made two B&W quilts already ~

The first was Deeper Than the Stars which was donated to the Alzheimer's Foundation of America's Quilt to Remember project ~ I posted photos and its story here.

The second was Juxtaposition (shown above). It was made as a birthday gift for a special family friend.

I have plans for at least 2 quilts for this challenge - the first has been named Roses are Red (at least for now) and the second is being called Yet To Be Named (accent color to be chosen at a later date). The fabrics are pulled for Roses, including a wonderful assortment of scrappy reds that were shared by Wanda. I'm hoping to begin stitching on this in January, after I finish a couple of works-in-progress.

Quiltdivajulie
----------------
"The only thing that has to be finished by next Tuesday is next Monday." (Jennifer Yane)

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I LOVE the quote at the end of your post. How true!

I'll be looking forward to seeing the black and whites created for the challenge. I think I'll challenge myself to do one black and white "something" every month in 2009. I'm sure a couple will be tote bags or purses.

Dionne said...

I'm not sure I even own any black and white fabrics!

I love the quilts though. Especially the one you did for the Alzheimer's Foundation of America's Quilt to Remember project!

Keep Quiltin'
Dionne

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Love the quilt AND the quote! Well done, Julie.