Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Green Request . . .


I'm starting on a project that needs at least 64 different greens. I've pulled 48 from my stash but still need at least 16 more (and a few extras would let me eliminate some of the darker, not so wonderful, pieces I've pulled).

I really hate to search for and buy that many fat quarters . . . Would anyone out there mind sending me a few 6" squares of green from your stash?

My preference is for tone-on-tone and blender types in shades of lime, grass, apple, pea, kelly, kiwi, shamrock, sea-glass, jade, peridot and/or emerald-type greens (no batiks, bright and happy shades, not dark and dreary).


If you have any 6" squares that you're willing to part with, please leave me a comment and I'll get back with you via e-mail.

Thank you SO much!


Quiltdivajulie
-------------------------

"The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way. Some see nature all ridicule and deformity... and some scarce see nature at all. But to the eyes of the man of imagination, nature is imagination itself.” (William Blake)


photo credit

16 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm sure I'll find some greens,
just send me your address :-)
Heidi

Quiltdivajulie said...

Heidi - you are set as a 'no-reply' blogger so I cannot e-mail you. Please contact me via e-mail at
julie AT sefton DOT info

Vicki W said...

Julie, I have two bins of 6" squares so I'd be happy to send you some greens! Send me your address and I'll get them packed up.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Julie, If you still need some after they send theirs let me know and I'll send some too.

jenclair said...

I'd be happy to! Send your address... I like the idea of contributing to another quilt!

jovaliquilts said...

Oh, absolutely! You sent me some lovely stuff and I'd be so happy to reciprocate. Will check out what I have and get it in the mail no later than tomorrow.

YankeeQuilter said...

I went through a major green phase. My husband would be so excited to see some fabric leave the house instead of come in...let me know if you would like some more....
Siobhan

jude said...

i need an address......

~Michelle~ said...

I'm sure I have a couple I can send to you - I won't be home until the 5th, but can send after that. :)

quiltmom anna said...

HI Julie,
Do Let me know if you are still short of greens as I collect greens - it is one of my favorite colors. I would be happy to send you some too.
I will look forward to seeing your new project.
Regards,
Anna

Linda Smith said...

Looks like you've gotten quite a few responses to your request for greens. If you still need more, let me know and I will be happy to send you a few.

Linda Smith

Selvage Quilter said...

Hi Julie,
I'm on it! I'm sure I have some greens for you to audition for your quilt. Just send me your address and I'll get them right out to you.
Have a wonderful new year!
Karen

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

If you still some greens let me know. I have been gathering some bright greens for my birthday stuff for my grand children.

I discovered your blog about a week ago. I love your talent and the thoughts that you share. I am making "dragger" quilts out of winter flannel using your pattern from the last of the year posting. Great Idea!

Magpie Sue said...

Do you have enough offers already? I'd be happy to cut a few 6" squares from my stash.

Brenda said...

I already cut some squares. where should I send them?

The Calico Cat said...

Let me know if you are still needing greens. (I recently gave a lot away, but I still have some.)