This is another quilt from Christmas 2005 ~ Decadent Dreaming ~ made for our oldest son and his fiance (now our dear daughter-in-law). Since EVERYTHING in life goes better with chocolate, I chose a controlled scrappy dark chocolate/white chocolate approach...
The oversize king quilt was quilted by Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville ~ Decadent Dreaming earned a ribbon at the 2006 Mid-South Fair in the bed quilt category. Here it is shown hanging over the fence in our back yard, shortly before it was gifted.
And then, there is the back... Bonnie did not deliberately plan for the two-color thread design to work out this way, but it did and the resulting look on the "black forest" back thrilled us all.
The sun is out again today and the leaves continue to rain down through the slanted shafts of autumn sunlight. The effect is spectacular ~ I surely did NOT want to come back to the office after my lunch hour!
Quiltdivajulie
6 comments:
I love triangles and this quilt is wonderful. I think the color scheme will be timeless and fit into any decor.
Oh Julie. All I'm going to say is... Mouthwatering
I just love the energy that triangles put into a quilt. Lovely.
I remember when you got this back from Bonnie quilting it! In my opinion, I think this one has been my favorite of all yours thus far. Her quilting is beyond amazing. My second favorite must be 'Flying Monkeys'! Thanks for sharing the pictures, it amazes me every time I see it!
What a yummy quilt! the quilting is spectacular!
what a pretty quilt!
Post a Comment