Saturday, November 8, 2008

Back in Time

This quilt comes from December 2004 (remembering that I took my first quilting class in January 2004). Shown is the lower left corner of Grandma Meow's Kitty Quilt. To explain ~ my mother always had dogs and DH's mother has always had cats. So,as the boys were growing up, they called one Grandma Meow and the other Grandma Bark Bark. Worked like a charm!


Sadly, I don't have any better photos ~ I was truly a novice at digital photography four years ago! But, you get that the fabrics were cat themed (from black and white paw prints to one print that included a small mouse running about between the various felines). [The pattern is Midnight Sun.] I do wish I had bought more of that fabulous "paint splattered" black border fabric...

Quiltdivajulie

4 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

I've really been enjoying time-traveling with you. These quilts are really fun, and I love your kids' nicknames for their grandmas!

Cher said...

what a fun quilt-I am often the same, wishing I had more of a certain border fabric.

*karendianne. said...

I'm totally diggin' this "back in time" stuff. This is fun. ;)

Magpie Sue said...

My grandparents were always Grandpa & Grandma [insert last name here]. That was the case for my children's grandparents too. But now *my* grandchildren have grandparents they call Grandma Cow and Grandpa Train. One is simply referred to as Mocha (grandma). I was in danger of becoming Grandma Dog - not! We settled on Grandma Sue ;- )