Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Possibilities

Last night I pulled fabric from my stash for what will be a special 'just for me' quilt. I recently received a copy of the huge Gee's Bend quilt book (truly awesome if you've never seen it) and Chris has been playing with a very special quilting panto that I picked out two years ago (neither of us have been ready until now). They will all come together in this new project...

Spent a couple of hours working on the scrappy back for Dandelion Detour - I hadn't planned on a largely pieced back, but when I measured the fabrics I had in my stash, lots of piecing was the result... still have a ways to go, but this is going to be almost as much fun as the front.

Another Blast From the Past:
This was my donation quilt for the 2006 Hancock's Fabrics - St. Jude Quilt of Dreams program. Named Possibilities, it was delivered to a local Hancock's store in July. Never heard another word, so I am guessing that it was given to a patient (not a prize winner, not used in their promotion materials, not sold to raise funds). I hope it brought/brings a child comfort and cheer!

Tippy was visiting Camp Sefton at the time, so she helped model the quilt...

Wish I could stay home and play with fabric, but have to go to work...
Quiltdivajulie

2 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Well this is a fun post. Love the fabrics you're playing with and dig the happy donated quilt. Tippy adds to the photo I think. Always does if you ask me.

Tippy is just filled with zest and we Love her!

jovaliquilts said...

The donation quilt is great -- so cheery, perfect for someone who needs a blanket hug. Pieced bakings can take over your life, but they are worth it sometimes. Yours is looking good!