Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Goosebumps and a Priority Quilt ~

"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work; you don't give up." (Anne Lamott in Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life)

If you look back at yesterday's post, you'll see the central section of this PQ mixed in with the other fabrics sent by Claire from California. I knew that I wanted to make this quilt for the Priority Hope Challenge from the time I first saw that scrap. I e-mailed Claire to share my excitement and told her about the quote I'd chosen ~ her reply came back quickly. She had used the fabric in a wall quilt for her sister's completion of cancer chemo... (goosebumps).

"The Dawn Will Come" is my 25th PQ for 2008 and it's ready to be registered with AAQI as soon as they return from Houston. What a wonderful way to have spent last evening ~ creating, stitching, and completing...

Quiltdivajulie

p.s. Notice the dragonflies in the companion scrap I pulled from Claire's assortment of fabrics? "Dragonflies are reminders that we are light and can reflect the light in powerful ways if we choose to do so. "Let there be light" is the divine prompting creative imagination as a force within your life. They [dragonflies] help you to see through your illusions and allow your own light to shine in a new vision."

5 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

This was simply meant to be, goosebumps, wow!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! I love it!

Vicki W said...

It's absolutely beautiful!

jovaliquilts said...

Very nice! The quilting on this one really accentuates the theme. I like it a lot.

*karendianne. said...

There is so much that's beautiful about this post, Julie. I wouldn't know where to start.

Its all good with Love, *karendianne.