Monday, September 1, 2008

Last Day of a Long Weekend

Now that I'm participating in one of Bonnie's mystery quilts, I needed to add these rulers to my collection.  On sale for 1/2 price yesterday and today at Hancock's Fabrics (we'll have a JoAnn's in the area sometime before Christmas ~ an excellent addition to the local mix!!).  Haven't sewed a stitch but have gotten lots of strips cut, ready to be sewn...

30 years ago today, I was in the Goshen General Hospital giving birth to our eldest son.  He and his wife just returned (10 pm last night) from a whirlwind surprise birthday weekend at Niagara Falls (he didn't guess until they were transferring planes in the Atlanta airport and realized the second flight was bound for Buffalo NY).  They had a wonderful time and Tippy spent the weekend here at Camp Sefton while her people were off celebrating.

Much of this weekend has been spent trying to calm the chaos within me ~ cleaning, tidying, sorting, organizing, and contemplating.....

At work ~ the book that my one boss has been editing/writing for nearly 5 years now has gone to the publisher (at long last), but the workload continues.  The group's board will be meeting Tues. evening to approve pre and post publication prices and provide even more names/addresses for the subscription roster (spreadsheet) that I'm creating.  We'll mail letters within the next week or so to solicit pre-publication pre-paid orders and donations towards publication costs ~ with a couple of enclosures, no doubt. Not yet confirmed, but I'm guessing those orders/payments will come back across our desks.  All this mixed with an extraordinary litigation load from my other boss makes for so many details my head feels like it is about to explode.

On the home front ~ back ups of each of the 5 computers (so necessary but time consuming), paperwork (bills), laundry, and on and on... 

On the quilty front ~ I took time yesterday to pull fabrics and stack them with patterns for the projects that have been wandering about in my head.  I set up a Picasa slide show in the side bar of my blog to help keep me on track (we'll see how well that works), or you can view the album itself by following the link in the side bar to my Picasa albums.  So many colors, so many possibilities, but so little time!!!  I know I'm not alone on this one.

Tonight we're gathering with family and friends for a birthday dinner... he turns 30 today, I turn 55 in a few weeks, and my MIL turns 79 in between.  Time surely does fly!!!

Quiltdivajulie
------------------------
"Age does not diminish the extreme disappointment of having a scoop of ice cream fall from the cone."  (Jim Fiebig)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are NOT alone. I was at the computer several hours yesterday organizing folders,pictures, what a mess! Just when I had gotten done with what I needed to accomplish on my pictures, I open another folder that was seperate from my pictures, but had tons of them! My head almost exploded,and I almost fell out of my chair! I stopped right there and left to go to dinner before any permanent damage was done! Some other day! Sounds like you accomplished alot! Enjoy the birthday celebration!

*karendianne. said...

Oh Julie, I had no idea you had so much going on at work, too. So busy! Just to add to everything else. I wasn't paying attention!

Well, I just hope you have a great time tonight and I honor you, a mother, who 30 years ago today was very busy.

Still Busy with Love, *karendianne./ Living Life at LeeHaven

The Calico Cat said...

I was gonna ask about your mystery.
Once again - I am glad that I am not a mystery girl...
The only thing that I like about mysteries - is seeing the combinations that other people come up with - fabric/color wise...

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I will hit the "speed limit" birthday on the 23rd. You've been busy on all fronts~ Those rulers make life so much easier, you'll love them!

Tonya Ricucci said...

happy birthday to your son. sorry your head is about to explode from all the work - that's nooooo fun at all. I just got Bonnie to get me a couple of rulers too - I see how easy they make some of the cutting jobs.

jovaliquilts said...

Happy birthday to everyone -- it's fun when they fall close like that. My baby turns 24 on Sunday.

jovaliquilts said...

Forgot to say, I love that Easy Angle ruler! Just last night I got my LQS to order a bunch of them. We used them making fungly blocks at a workshop last night and everyone fell in love with them.