Saturday, August 30, 2008

Delta Fair 2008

Larry and I spent Saturday morning at the fair ~ his woodturning guild is doing demonstrations all day today and all day tomorrow (he's the president this year) plus we wanted to see how our entries did.  This is the second year for this fair and the first year for "craft, culinary, & collectible" competitions.  As with any first-time event, especially one on this scale, there is room for growth.  The good news is the director was on-site this morning and more than willing to answer questions and accept feedback.  I hope that bodes well for the coming years!

Larry entered four turned pieces ~ 3 blue ribbons and 1 white (later upgraded to red).  

I entered six quilts ~ 3 red ribbons and 2 white ones.  

LOTS more photos here ~ if you haven't tried the Picasa slideshow option, it's great!!

Enjoy!

Quiltdivajulie

9 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Larry did very well. I will refrain from spouting off on the quilt judging... suffice it say I am a HUGE fan of yours and your entire body of work. WELL DONE, Julie!

woolywoman said...

Congratulations on a good showing!

Teresa said...

Congratulations to you and Larry on you awards!

Anonymous said...

You and Larry clearly were the most talented couple on the block! That is the truth! It is amazing!
Congrats!

Sewbaby said...

Congratulations!!! Wow...what a talented couple.

Hugs,
Traci

Irene said...

Congratulations to you and your DH on all those ribbons. Thank you for the beautiful eye candy - maybe next year they could give out stilts at the door to see the quilts? :-)

jovaliquilts said...

Whoo-hoo!! Congratulations! And neat that you get to offer suggestions on how the show should be before it becomes entrenched in its ways.

*karendianne. said...

Julie, your work is effervescent. I'm so happy it was on display for everyone to see and I really am glad you shared it with us. Great photos and I agree, Picasa is perfect to use! And Larry's work - total mind blower. Wow!!! How does he do that stuff?

Overflowing with Talent in Love, *karendianne./ Living Life at LeeHaven

Magpie Sue said...

Congrats on the ribbons!