Thursday, August 21, 2008

Nashville - Day 2

I am officially exhausted!!!  Started the day with a visit to The Quilter's Attic in Goodlettsville ~ absolutely wonderful quilt store (SO many samples, and the display area upstairs features rotating trunk shows and even MORE samples)!  Lots of photos in today's album ~ including one of a sign that I spotted on my way... just couldn't resist that photo!

Then it was back to the show where I spent time absorbing the special exhibits and the quilts in the guild challenge displays.  Lots of photos ~ and again I tried to capture the name tags to give credit to the creators.  

Caught up with Chris in the afternoon as she was test driving her new sewing machine ~ great photo in the album.  She'll pick it up tomorrow and take it home!

I focused my shopping on the batiks needed for the new quilt for our bed ~ photos at the very end of the album were taken here in the hotel room after I laid out the fat quarters and half yard cuts on the bed.  After counting and calculating, I now know that I have a little more than enough (which will allow for some editing, always a good option).  Not sure right now if I'll stop at the quilt shop in Franklin on the way home tomorrow or not... I'm pretty color saturated at this point!

Here's the link for today's photo album ~ enjoy!!

Quiltdivajulie  
-------------------------------
p.s.  Next year this particular show will be held in Knoxville, TN.  Why?  Because AQS added the new venue in Des Moines, they needed to shift this show from August back into July.  The Opryland convention center was already booked for July 2009 ~ hence the move the Knoxville for 2009-1010-2011.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Thanks for all the photos you are sharing. it looks like a great time!

Pam said...

Once again thanks for sharing.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Great photos, thanks! Chris looks very happy at the new machine and I have to say that you have amassed the BEST collection of Batiks out there. I'm happy that you have invited us all along to Nashville.