Saturday, July 5, 2008

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Back at the end of April, these two items were mailed off on a wing and a prayer.

Today, I received word from AQS that BOTH of my entries for the show in Nashville have been named as semi-finalists!! Totally UNBELIEVABLE!!!

And Sometimes Y along with 30 Years Later will be on display August 21-23 at the Opryland Convention Center along with the other 275 +/- semi-finalists.

I am still in shock! Just ask my husband ~ I've been entirely giddy all evening! One minute I'm laughing, then tears, more laughter ~ omigosh!!!

Rest assured, I have no grand plan to become a "show quilter" ~ in fact, that aspect makes these two even more special. They were completely finished before the thought of entering them into the show even occurred to me... unlike so many that are created specifically for competition. Nope, these are MY quilts ~ free spirited, unique, scrappy, and colorful. And soon, while they're hanging at the show, they'll have the opportunity to make lots of people smile!

Hope you take a minute or two to enjoy the lyrics of this song ~ sometimes crazy dreams really DO come true!!


download Crazy Dreams Ringtone Crazy Dreams Lyrics


--------------------------------
"Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born." (Dale E. Turner)

15 comments:

Vicki W said...

Congratulations! That's awesome!!!

Donna said...

how absolutely wonderful! I'm glad you were able to make the quilts first, then enter so they truly are what you wanted not to someone else's specifications :-)

Cathi said...

Congratulations! What an incredible story about the fan quilt!

Andee said...

Way to go!!!! WHOOT WHOOT!

Tonya Ricucci said...

I am sooo happy for you. these are both such great quilts, I'm happy a whole bunch of people are going to get a chance to see them. Congrats and wooohoo!!!!!!

Stephanie Pettengell said...

Many, many congratulations, they are two brilliant quilts and I especially like the 30 years on. Thanks for sharing.

Sequana said...

Such wonderful news for you! They are both beautiful creations.

Now you know the meaning of "happy dance" don't you? *S*

Teresa said...

Congratulations!!!!! What a wonderful accomplishment.

Paula, the quilter said...

Wow! what great news. Congratulations! I wish I could go and see them up close and personal at the show.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Now a lot of people can enjoy them up close instead of just on the internet. Great work! Great news!

Diane said...

Congratulations! They'll make lots of people smile, indeed. Thanks for sharing them with the public.

Michele Bilyeu said...

NOT! Unbelievable, that is! BELIEVABLE...because you believe, you are believable and everything you do in this world is towards creating possibilities. You and the quilts are all amazing!

Royce said...

Congratulations, I'll look for your quilts at the show.

*karendianne. said...

Julie this is HUGE! I'm so thrilled. Where was I when this came up? I wasn't paying attention to my Blogging friends that's for sure.

This is the best news on the planet ever! ...well maybe not EVER but surely its the best planetary news.

Cosmic Vibe Love, *karendianne.

jovaliquilts said...

WOW!!!!!! Julie, that's AWESOME!! I'm so happy for you! Maybe I will have to try to make it to Nashville to see them in person. I really love your stuff, and it's so nice to see it recognized. :)