Friday, July 4, 2008

Friday the Fourth

What is this?  The re-purposed hall tree sits in the corner of the closet in my studio and is home to the bindings waiting for quilts to come back from Chris (my longarm quilty friend).  Right now there are seven different bindings hanging - Rabbit Hole, DNA, Serendipity, Moulin Rouge, Crazy Quilt, and Vortex plus scrappy floral binding for the still under construction scrappy trips around the world project named Spring Break.  I learned early on to make the binding at the same time I was finishing the backs so that it was ready to go when the quilting was done.  I love attaching the binding and hand stitching it so I don't want to wait!

This group of fabrics has been washed, folded neatly, and sitting on the shelf for at least a year and a half.  They are destined to become a scrappy basket quilt... but I just can't seem to get started. Maybe this should be my summer class project?!? I have at least a dozen basket quilt patterns plus the free piecing inspiration from Liberated Quilting and Collaborative Quilting... but still I ponder and dither. I think it's because I want it to be "just so" instead of just "letting it be" ~ soon, I hope.


---------------
Don't moan, don't whine, don't blame. Just get on with it. (Katharine Hepburn)

3 comments:

Donna said...

interesting in swapping a few collacorative quilting blocks?

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have to agree, there are SO MANY basket patterns. I want to make a basket quilt too, but which one? I know mine won't involve applique, but that's as far as I have gotten.

*karendianne. said...

Love the fabrics,
Need the quote.