Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekend Notes (interrupted)

This basket of batik strips (2-1/2") and charm squares doesn't look like much (the colorful cushion floor mats are on my studio floor between the cutting area and my ironing table) ~ but I have pulled them out in hopes that I can finally begin on my class project for Tonya's Summer Class

I'd like to create wonky log cabin blocks mixing these with some of my other batik scraps in the stash... Wanda has made a couple of wonderful tops along these lines. Have you seen them? Check out her "current favorite."


Nicole at Sister's Choice Quilts asked last week about what kind of pincushions we use. I have two of these Ewesful felted wool pincushions and absolutely LOVE them. I use one for the flat head pins (used on my design wall) and the other for my glass head extra fin piecing pins. The bent safety pins manage to find homes on whichever pincushion is closer.

I was going to post several other pics but Blogger and Mac are not playing well together this morning so I'll try again later (bleah!).


------------------
"The Queen of Hearts, she made some tarts, All on a summer day:
The Knave of Hearts, he stole those tarts, And took them quite away!"
(Lewis Carroll)

3 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Those wonky log quilts are a celebration of color and life! Yours will be no exception. Ewesful pincushions for me, too! :)

jude said...

hi julie, thanks for commenting on my blog.i know what you mean...i guess since i have always needed to be portable, i have grown accustomed to unplugged out of need as much as philosophy . thank you for visiting so much and hope all is well with you....i cannot seem to respond to you through email, i always get an error message. ???
love those felted pincushions...
xx jude

*karendianne. said...

I keep forgetting to mention, as I come often but don't comment because I don't know why..., that I really love those Ewesful pincushions. I'll have to put in an order with my pincushion friend. Very neat.