
Not sure why Blogger is being contrary about rotating this photo, but it refuses to load it horizontally...
These two Priority Quilts (numbers 2626 & 2637) are on their way to the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative ~ titled Recycling Parts 1 and 2, they are made from the front panels of a beloved jacket that was no longer wearable (the stain could not be adequately removed). Interestingly, Spirit Cloth Jude posted a thought-provoking piece on re-using cloth today (Quilting and Giving Back). It's well worth your time to pop over and read.
Rabbit Hole has been stitched together and is now waiting for the rest of its back (I found a fabulous piece in my stash, but had to order another yard as it just didn't lend itself to becoming a scrappy, pieced back). As soon as the back is seamed, Rabbit Hole will be off to Chris for quilting ~ will share photos when it comes home again.
Now I can turn my attention to the scrappy batiks quilt for Tonya's class, Ice Cream Roses, a partially assembled floral bargello, and a yet-to-be-designed, scrappy gift quilt... looking at the array of colors in those projects, it is easy to tell that things have been here, there, and everywhere lately! From soft and gentle to bold and assertive, with lots of variations in between. Having multiple projects has been a good thing ~ no matter which mood I'm in, there is something ready to be worked on!
----------------
"We may forget with whom we laughed, but not with whom we shared tears." (Tansanian proverb)
7 comments:
Lovely quiltlets! I'm not sure 'which way is which' at this point, but I enjoyed a nice back popping moment checking them out and eye-ing them up closely...thank you for both!!!
Lots of rationalization for multiple projects is the affirmation that I need! Ha!! Those AAQI quiltlets are simply grand.
Love the PQ's, they look like they were alot of fun to make! I just love them!They ought to bring some good donations!
They are very pretty.
Why don't you rotate your picture before you load it. I have mine rotated and improved/brightened/cropped before I ever load them and have no problems.
hey, thanks for the mention!
...about the rotated photo, I agree with 'exuberant color', but you have to make sure you save it, or else blogger will still load it as the original.
Julie, very creative! And not just recycled, but wonderful to look at. :)
As for rotating photos, blogger has a mind of its own. I always rotate and save first, as others have suggested, but that doesn't mean it always loads correctly.
Post a Comment