Here's a photo of my newly planted Mandevilla ~ Before long, the vines will completely engulf the copper cat trellis...And the planting process has begun for the azaleas, rhododendrons, blushing bride hydrangea, and two Japanese maples... we're spending 20-30 minutes each morning before work (and before the heat sets in) and, little by little, the results are beginning to show.
The last couple of evenings, I've started cutting out the pieces for my next quilt top using the Posh fat quarter bundle I purchased several months ago. . . . the colors remind me of softly swirled neopolitan ice cream. Hope to be ready to share progress photos soon!
And don't forget to check out this month's small quilt auction for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative! Sooooo many wonderful choices...

-----------------
"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but, scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable." (Joseph Addison)
The last couple of evenings, I've started cutting out the pieces for my next quilt top using the Posh fat quarter bundle I purchased several months ago. . . . the colors remind me of softly swirled neopolitan ice cream. Hope to be ready to share progress photos soon!
And don't forget to check out this month's small quilt auction for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative! Sooooo many wonderful choices...
-----------------
"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but, scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable." (Joseph Addison)

4 comments:
This just feels so good. It is a new beginning my friend and planting makes that start divine.
Hope you're ready to share progress photos soon, too. How meanie of you to hold out on us!
Up in Arms with Love, *karendianne.
Thanks for the name of that plant--Mandevilla! I saw one at an outdoor restaurant last week and no one knew the name, all they could remember was Mandysomething. Your garden is looking good.
Nice to meet another quilting blogger from Memphis, TN. :)
Are you a member of any of the quilt guilds in the area? Do I know you already? lol
Your plants are beautiful. I've been trying my un-green thumb with tomatoes this year.
Friday I'm working on my first Alzheimer's quilt. I have a friend who makes them and she invited me over for the day to work with her. I'm excited!!
Post a Comment