Here is the final "hint" - my clever and extremely wonderful DH did some online researching and came up with these light towers, including special daylight bulbs, for taking photos of my quilts and his wood art (that story will come about later).
Here is one of my "rescue quilts" demonstrating the new design wall in our guest room. The styrofoam sheets are covered with white flannel but this shot shows the black drape in place that will be used when taking formal portraits of quilts. (This particular pinwheel quilt was one that my grandmother pieced and my sister and I used in our cribs when we were little. I added the borders and had Chris quilt it a year or so ago... and I love it even more now than I did before!)
These are the fabrics that I pulled and folded to take with me when we go to the Folk School in early May.
And this is an update on the progress being made for Vortex Interrupted (the Radiant Suns quilt that I've been working on forever). Back when I cut it out I altered the ratio of green/purple/red blocks so I knew mine would come out differently than the one on the pattern cover. I can't tell you how many times I've put the blocks up and taken them back down to rearrange. This time, I'm really liking the arrangement and have figured out the rest of the layout so that it comes out correctly with the colors I have available (no mean feat). And, last but certainly not least...
My hardworking assistant, Angel, sleeping in the box I was going to use to pack for the Folk School :-)--------------
"Flowers grow out of dark moments." (Corita Kent)
4 comments:
What an awesome set-up for photos! Just incredible.
And I'm loving your radiant suns layout. Looks like a really fun quilt.
You should be able to get some great photos with all those lights. I love your pinwheel quilt!
oh Wow, I'm so envious of that fabulous photography setup you all have. your radiant suns is looking marvelous and love those fabrics you've got packed up.
Move over Angel, you're about to have company... from: Hannes Goodneedle.
PS-- Mom says to tell you that your Radiant Suns is INCREDIBLE!
Post a Comment