I will need an empty design wall in the coming days meaning I needed to deal with the scrappy backing fabrics for Ludiosis. Some of these vertical seams are sewn with others waiting to be stitched.
(thanks again Lynne for the HSTs)
Ludiosis will need a back 62-64 inches wide by 84" long, so I'll quickly be able to tell how much I need to add to each side. I've already realized there isn't enough of the single fabric I had hoped to use but that just means I get to go shopping in the stash.
I did finish leader-ender stitching the first seams for the blocks of Scrumdifferous and am well into making scrappy blocks for Ludiosis. That 4.5" block count is somewhere between 50-60 now of the nearly 300 needed. This has become my evening play-time stitching project.
All twelve pillow slabs have been pieced and pressed. Batting has been cut for each of them along with an assortment of backing squares from the stash.
Getting to this point really feels like a milestone for the project. I know there's still quilting, making envelope-style flaps, assembly, and binding the completed covers - but somehow those don't seem nearly as daunting as what's already been done.
When I ordered the new 16" pillow forms, I was surprised to find they now come vacuum packed (the bottom five layers = 10 forms).
I opened one package upon arrival (the two normal-looking inserts on top) and now it is time to open up the rest of them.
I mentioned needing an empty design wall soon and this box of fabrics left from previous backings is why. I had thought that they would become the pieced backing for Rastro (one of the Macnas bonus quilts) which I hope to quilt and finish by the end of September.
But then I looked back through my photos for the project and saw this one. There are some of those fabrics I used up but there are others I still have.
Hmmmmm . . . now I need to pull out the remaining pieces from that second photo and ponder how I want to proceed. And given my history, most of you can guess where this is going :-)
As Dory would say, "Just keep swimming stitching!"
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"And the dandelion does not stop growing because it is told it is a weed. The dandelion does not care what others see. It says, "One day, they'll be making wishes upon me."
B. Atkinson
3 comments:
Squirrel!!!
It's amazing the pillows return to full size after being squished so flat. Lots of fun fabric choices ahead for you.
Great quote today. I have the upper left fabric in the first photo of the backing for Rastro. I bought it because I loved it and still haven't found a place to use it. Perhaps it will become a backing at my house, too.
Pat
Post a Comment