The first four rows for Morning Fog, Macnas series no. 11, have been sewn together.
I'm using the HSTs for Xanadu as the leader-enders while I sew Morning Fog's rows.
These are the newly-sewn/pressed pink HST pairs ready to be sewn into four-part blocks.
The next few rows of Morning Fog will see the green HSTs sewn ready to be pressed/paired.
When I cleaned off the paper play table one evening, I ended up creating a small, eclectic junque journal using an empty cardboard mailer as the cover, with magazine pages, scraps from more magazine pages, and bits from other papers collaged inside.
My logic? Use the stuff for something instead of filing/storing it.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"The more you are in the room working, experimenting, banging away at your objective, the more luck has a chance of biting you on the nose."
Twyla Tharp in The Creative Habit
6 comments:
Lovely "Fog" piece in progress, QDJuie. once I sit at my little table in the crafting corner I am "lost and gone" for hours...just draws me in...hopin to sew my JR #2 rows together this morning...
Hugs, julierose
The projects make me feel calm, all those pieces cut and stacked. I just cleaned off my paper crafting table last night and tried to make better sense of all the bits I have been collecting.
Your Macnas series will be as long as [insert name of long-running mystery books] -- and each one is a delight.
Beautiful blues and yummy journal idea. I need to get back to my art journal soon.
Glad you were able to spend some time at the machine, Julie. LOVE that "clean-up" journal!!
Love those blues in the quilt- so calming. I had a quilt retreat this past weekend and did get a lot of sewing done, but have so much more to do.
Post a Comment