Young Man's latest Lego Technics car is finished (he did it all himself, one of the requirements to share it during the annual Lego display in his school library).
We moved it to the cabinet in the foyer until it was time to go home.
Since Young Man's favorite subject is math (followed by science and art), DeeDah pulled out his high school slide rule and demonstrated how we used them before calculators came along.
"Cool" was Young Man's reaction.
Taken before school on a dress down day.
Notice there is no snow visible anywhere now.
Young Man has always had a great interest in my studio squirrels.
My Nutsie came to live in the sewing studio at the very end of January. Thanks to Amazon, Young Man now has his very own Nutsie who has his own quilt made with squares leftover after Ruska's layout.
Biscuit and Nutsie studying the layout for Ruska.
Young Man's finished layout. I'll get this top sewn together before month end, but the quilting and finishing will wait until summertime.
* * *
Things are quiet without the boy and his dog.
In a day or so I'll kick back into gear, but for now I'm taking time to rest and regroup.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"The universe is not made of atoms. It's made of stories."
Muriel Rukeyser
8 comments:
Wonderful quilt layout from young Man--he has a good eye...;)))
We find that rest is necessary after visits from our children and grands--we love having them, but we do get tired...tomorrow will be a day of rest here...hugs, Julierose
A perfect weekend. Embrace these days, treasure these memories. ❤️
The Lego car looks pretty complicated. Congratulations to YM for building it. I have never seen a slide rule. Went to country schools through 8th grade and in high school it was never shown to us in math classes. Maybe because that was so long ago.....they maybe introduced it to students later.
Yes, rest and regroup is necessary after the young ones visit.
Autumn splendor at its finest, YM, and an awesome Lego Technic creation, too!! Have a nice rest, Julie. I'll look forward to seeing what you will be working on once you have recuperated from Camp Sefton!
The quilt layout is stunning! Those are my colors. I laughed about the slide rule. When I was in CA I showed our slide rule to the kids. They also thought it was pretty cool. Sadly though, I could barely remember any of the functions - well, to be honest, I wasn't a whiz with it to begin with! Love your squirrels!
Julie, will be sending you a squirrel logo from the 1880s…via email. Cheers, Louise
Wonderful quilt layout, reminds me of trip around the world but with so much more movement and interest. Great colors! I used a slide ruler in high school and college but would need instruction to use it today.
Loving YM’s layout and his car is quite something! I also enjoyed seeing the wonderful wood pieces Mr Quilt Diva has made….some amazing pieces!
Post a Comment