Friday, February 20, 2026

Almost Back to Normal


Even though I was "resting" and "regrouping" I got a lot of pending things taken care of this week.

Bills were paid, financial correspondence was dealt with, the fridge and pantry were restocked after Mr. Munchie's adventure here, and the seasonal decor has been changed to green for St. Patrick's Day.

All the while, my Christmas cacti are blooming for a second time with lots of buds still waiting to flower.


The planter we bought for Christmas has lost two of its original plants (leggy, spindly, and pretty much ugly).  The pothos on the other hand is growing happily.


And look what I found late Thursday afternoon -- our first two daffodils.

Granted, they're about half their normal size and there aren't nearly as many buds this year thanks to the prolonged snow/ice/freezing temps.

I'm just elated to see blossoms in the back yard.

* * *


At Young Man's house, he and daddy have finished a project that's been in the works for a while now.

The world map decal ("Oh, the places you'll go") was removed from the wall, the wall was repaired and re-painted, and daddy created the framed backing boards for the three large Lego Technics cars YM has built using roughly 8,000 pieces of Lego.

The nursery that we all worked so hard to create has been changing along the way, but this newest installation really drives home the point that "time and tide waits for no man" (a proverb meaning no one is so powerful that they can stop the march of time).


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"We shall never know the good that a simple smile can do."
Mother Teresa

10 comments:

Jo said...

Are they the actual model cars up on the wall? Oh my, isn’t he going to play with them?

Julierose said...

Oh my, they certainly grow up so fast--I am still dithering around to find a pattern for my jelly roll(s) where I don't have a whole lot of cutting to do...this past week was spent fighting off a migraine that came to visit me;((((That doesn't help either!!
My cacti are stubbornly not blooming for a 2nd time this year--I think they are requesting re-potting...;)))
I hope you have a great sewing weekend Hugs, Julierose

Juliann said...

Those Lego cars are amazing. I need to repot and give my indoor plants a bit of TLC very soon.

Quiltdivajulie said...

These model cars (yes, they are displayed on the wall) are adult-ish Lego collectibles - not meant for playing with (it's all about the building process). YM has multiple smaller cars he plays with regularly. Not to worry!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your cacti look nice and healthy. I'm still waiting for second blooms on most of mine.
Daffodils are pretty hardy but they probably didn't like the winter weather you had this year.
YM's wall looks pretty neat!! I bet he smiles every time he passes by them.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

SO jealous of your daffodils! I think we've got another three to four weeks up here. And there's MORE snow predicted for Sunday. Sheesh.

Carolyn said...

Those cars are just amazing! I have done several sets of their flowers which I had displayed on my mantel, but need to rebuild them as my cats don't appreciate my building abilities and destroy them, just as they do real plants. I need some Lego glue to keep them together!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

The Cars on the Wall is SO Cool!! what a great way to display them, and holee cow - those are a LOT of work . I love it!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wait, WHAT?!?! Those are the actual Lego Technics cars hanging on the wall???

Nann said...

Very cool Lego work! You've got a 'tween now.... It will be another month before spring bulbs begin to sprout here.