The take-a-chance-on-it planter has bloomed beyond anything I'd ever anticipated.
There are even more blossoms that can be seen here nestled in between and behind with at least two bud stalks still growing.
Amazing.
I've started and named the journal for my year-long weekly paper nine patches.
This is the block for week one.
I've also started and named the journal for my year-long weekly scrappy circles project.
Week one's collage.
This week's Full Deck Challenge 4 shipping tag - from the list of prompts, I chose to work with orange, gold, and butterfly.
(FDC4 is the label I'm using for this project)
Two more rows have been added to Githerment's quilt top, bringing the total sewn to six.
Only six more rows to go . . .
And after letting the empty book cover sit for over a year, I've finally decided what I want to do with it and these long-ago prepared signatures.
I'm naming this journal Raindrops on Roses (Raindrops for short) and I think I have a pretty good idea on how to finish the cover before sewing the signatures inside.
* * *
Every year I put together a Shutterfly book with my finished quilts (and now photos of finished journals, etc.). I'm happy to say I finished creating and ordering the 2025 book earlier this week. A labor of love to be sure, I'm glad I started this ritual way back when. Seeing the annual books lined up on the shelf and being able to flip through them at will reminds me of how far I've come since my first foray into a quilt shop in late 2003.
DH, YS, and I have successfully navigated the transition from our old phone carrier to the new one and from our older phones to our newer ones. That journey included now-resolved issues with YS's SIM card and DH's paired hearing aids microphone dispute, both of which involved repeated trips back to Costco for sorting. Here at home we also dealt with a host of no-longer-avoidable charging-related upgrades.
Funny how transferring data from the old phone to the new one is now the easiest part of the process.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"I don't have a train of thought. I have seven trains on four tracks that narrowly avoid each other when their paths cross while all seven conductors are screaming."
(seen recently on an art print by an unknown maker)
7 comments:
Great quote--how true is that??!!
Lovely paper works in progress--should be fun to work on these throughout the year for you;))) I am waiting to join in with "Caroline on the Hillside's" junque journal 52 prompts this year
(You tuber) . I just really love her stuff... maybe that will spark me up a bit...hugs, Julierose
Wowza! That is some amaryllis! Your journals are always a delight. Glad the phones are updated to your satisfaction (and more importantly to your useability).
My amaryllis is just beginning to bloom. Thank you for posting about your journal projects, they always inspire creativity.
I love the quote. Boy, is that true much of the time. Looks like you have some interesting paper journals planned and I like Githerings color selections. I'm trying not to start anything new until I finish a few one UFOs.
Pat
All super design and color combos!
Don't even get me started on upgrades/carriers/technology. Why has something so necesssary as our phone become such a source of unlimited frustrations?!? Your white Amaryllis is stunning!
Julie, I would love more info on the process of creating the books as I am SO into making printed books myself, if you feel like ever writing about it and showing some photos of your book or a video. :-)
Just thought I'd throw that thought out there... ;-)
Post a Comment