Tuesday, December 30, 2025

Last Post of 2025


The white amaryllis bulbs have started blooming and they're DOUBLE blooms (a happy surprise).


I also finished up my Christmas accordion journal named Tis the Season.


Many of the included bits came from an online swap I participated in.  

The rest have been accumulated over the past year or so, waiting for the right time to gather them into a journal.


The large Santa head was fussy cut from wrapping paper.  Wrapping paper pieces were also used as the foundation layers on the 34 pages.


Random, disparate elements eventually combined to make an interesting-to-look-at journal.  

Now it can be packed away with the rest of our holiday decor (that goal has shifted into the first couple days of January as our new phones are scheduled for delivery late today and their set up plus activation with our new carrier will consume most of our brain cells for the next day or two).


All of the amaryllis stems have at least four and some as many as six buds AND there are two more bud stems growing which means there will be another wave of flowers in January.

* * *

Wishing each and every one of you a safe and enjoyable New Year's Eve/Day along with thoughts of wellness and creativity for the coming new year.

Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
p.s.  I've spent quite a bit of time cleaning up the labels in my sidebar - there were just too many.  A few linked to only one post (!) 

I've also shifted the labeling for my paper-related projects to 'journal + year' instead of by project name, which none of us can remember anyway.  

If for some reason a label doesn't take you to the post(s) you're thinking of, you can always type your search into the Blogger search box in the upper left hand corner.

9 comments:

Julierose said...

Happiest of New Year's to you and yours, QD Julie...
Love your Christmas Album--wrapping paper is an inspired choice...;))) Hugs Julierose

iHanna said...

Happy new year to you & yours!

The amaryllis is amazing, and the Christmas book too. I'm sad that I didn't get to even starting one this year, but the last push of the 365 project had my creative energy all December.

Take care.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love the double white Amaryllis! Happy New Year!

Ann said...

Happy New Year.

Juliann said...

Good luck with the phone set up. I am going to spend some time cleaning up my online life this next week as I lean in to analog living.

Nancy said...

Happy New Year! Good luck with those phones.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Love your Christmas journal! You create amazing collages out of assorted bits; I admire your eye.
Good luck with the new phones!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Happy New Year!!!

Barbara Anne said...

Somehow, I missed this post so hope the new phones are installed and working well so your brain cells have had time to recover.
Love your new Christmas book! I have framed a cardboard Santa head and upper body (he's holding a black bake-a-light - sp? - phone) that my mother must have cut out in the 1950s when I was a child.
Still have to take the decorations and tree down. Sigh!

Hugs!