Sunday, December 28, 2025

He Loves It


This was one of the gifts I gave DH for Christmas - he is SO happy with it.  

He has at least three other King Arthur bread / baking books and we were concerned there might be too much repetition but there isn't, which makes him even happier.


The first recipe he decided to try was Norwegian Lefse (potato flatbread 'pancakes').


Thin almost like a crepe, they're delicious with a bit of butter and jam along one edge before being rolled up.

We've eaten several and have frozen the rest to see how they fare. 


I spent some time putting together another accordion journal using Christmas items, some of which came from an online swap.  

I'll try to do a video flip through once it is finished and before it is packed away with the rest of our December decor.


I've also been harvesting back issues of magazines for two longer term projects.

One will involve a journal filled with scrappy paper nine patches.  Modeled after the Scrap a Day (origin unknown but found in many places online), I'll create one nine patch each week - or more if the squirrels insist.


The other will be created with scrappy circles (1.5", 2" and 3").  Some will be in a grid, others will be scattered, and time will tell which other arrangements are created (squirrel input guaranteed)

* * *

Be back in a few days when there is more to share.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Just because the space exists doesn't mean it has to be full."
Allie Casazza

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh those Norwegian Lefse look so yummy--!!!
I like your idea for paper 9-patches--that looks like a fun make...
I worked on my scroll panel a bit today and I am starting to recuperate from our Friday gathering--which was really wonderful!!
Willa got a beginner sewing machine for her big Christmas gift and I showed her how to thread it, bobbin winding etc, and general sewing tips as she is a total newbie. Her infectious enthusiasm was a joy to behold; warmed my heart for sure!! She made three little "ditty bags" to give to her sleepover friends for this New Year's Eve. What a darling girl;)))
hugs, Julierose

Juliann in WA said...

I look forward to seeing what you do with those scraps. Thank you for pointing me toward some wonderful Substack folks. I am full of ideas for the new year.

JCH said...

I like your comment, but if the space is in the sewing room at least, yes it does need to be filled with fabric! Lol

Barbara Anne said...

What delicious bits for a future creative journal!
Years I bought DH a book titled "Crusts" by Barbara Elisi Caracciolo and "Bread" by Paul Hollywood of British Baking Show fame. Isn't it wonderful to have a husband who bakes bread?! Will have to consider the King Authur bread book for a birthday gift.

Hugs!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Bread baking around here is kind of pitiful. My husband has celiac and I don't use wheat flour often because it contaminates the kitchen. My daughter, the chemistry professor, however is a huge baker. She has that bread book. Last semester she taught a class on Chemistry in Baking, that actually had a textbook. I just love a loaf of crusty, Rustic bread.

Millie said...

I have the book, and I love it as well!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Tasty looking bread, Julie, and some fun sounding journal projects on the horizon! I've not done any Scrap-a-Day journaling. Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year!

Nancy said...

Baking success! Hooray. Looks and sounds good. Your upcoming journals sound very interesting, too, esp the nine patch one. Will look forward to seeing your progress on them.,