Wallaroo, quilt number 6 in my Macnas series, is finished.
51" x 71"
Here's a detail photo to enjoy.
Quilted with my all over nested spiral fans (unmarked free motion) and Glide thread in Biscotti on top and a mix of Biscotti and Mocha as the bobbin threads.
I used the same fabric for both backing and binding - Urban Essence Designs for Blank Quilting Pattern No. 2325 “Alternative Age” purchased 12/2022.
Why did I name this quilt Wallaroo?
I wanted a name that acknowledged the aboriginal fabrics - wallaroo is used as common name for species of Australian macropods intermediate in size between kangaroos and wallabies.
Quiltdivajulie
"It is a serious thing just to be alive on this fresh morning in this broken world."
Mary Oliver
7 comments:
Once again, your quote strikes a chord with me. Lovely name for your beautiful quilt which I know is wonderful to explore in person.
Congratulations on another lovely finish, QDJulie!! It is really lovely...
You are moving right along on your finishing journey...I have stopped to find backings on more small pieces and to work on my bunting flags...and making my neutral Ojos as a change.
Cold here overnight--29 degrees at one point...
"Taking-out-the-turkey-day" to thaw has arrived...one more week to get ready...hugs, Julierose
"Wallaroo" is a feast for the eyes and that amazing backing fabric is wonderful. I'm glad you didn't use it just for the binding so everyone could see large expanses of that fabric, too.
I really need to use my Aussie fabrics...
Hugs!
Of course I love this one! Anything made with the Aboriginal prints is striking.
Oh this is gorgeous! Love those fabrics.
Another beautiful finish!
Oh, wow- how fantastic is that quilt? The clothespins always make me giggle. I love Mocha and Biscotti thread.
Post a Comment