Vellichor, quilt number 5 in the Macnas series, is finished.
52" wide x 72" long
(Vellichor - the beautiful wistfulness felt in used bookstores; the strange romance evoked by the scent of old books and paper)
It was breezy when I took these outdoor photos which offered a little more 'action' for the quilt.
I used a wide back that was aging in the stash - I hesitated long and hard before finally committing to it when the quilt sandwich was pin basted.
And now I am so very glad I used it.
The long-stashed binding fabric looks great front and back.
Quilted using my liberated unmarked free motion nested spiral fans using Glide thread in Bark.
And of course I took this indoor crumpled photo just after I finished attaching the binding.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Maybe it's not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story."
Albert Camus
8 comments:
This turned out so beautifully, QDJulie; I just really love that vibe. and the paisley backing is so perfect...Lovely quilting on this too...
Congratulations on another lovely piece of work. Your stack looks so charming. ;))) Hugs, Julierose
Such a perfect name for your brown and lights Macnas quilt…..pages and book leather! Why did you hesitate on using the backing? So glad you are pleased to have done so. Seeing all the finished Macnas quilts folded together is beautiful. My favorite so far is Grandiose followed by Enchanted, but I love them all!
Ah, Vellichor reminds me of brownies and vanilla ice cream and I love the definition of its name is about bookstores and pages!
This quilt is a treat and the backing fabric is more than a perfectly wonderful celebration of the fabrics used on the front! Great binding fabric, too. Applause, applause!!
Hugs!
Oh, it just oozes cosiness. I always get a chuckle out the big clothespins! Loved seeing all the quilts piled together.
Beautiful! I'm luving watching for the next color theme
What a perfect name for a warm and toasty quilt. I love seeing them all together on the shelf.
They look great all stacked together on a shelf.
Every time I see a new Machnas quilt I think, "oh, that's my favorite of the series." I have a feeling this might stay my fav. I love brown. It's a comforting color if you ask me. I love the name. I love old books and ephemera and have quite a few old books, photos, postcards, letters, maps, seed catalogs, etc so don't need to visit a used bookstore for vellichor. It's fun to see all the Macnas together!
Post a Comment