Friday, October 17, 2025

Moving Enchanted Forward


Macnas series no. 9 - Enchanted - has been waiting in the wings long enough (these pairs were sewn leader-ender style back in July).

Next step in the process was to sort all of the pairs into stacks by the darker color.


I ran out of room on the narrow black table so the others were stacked on my sewing table.

There are 31 different "darks" and at least that many different black and white prints.


I then sorted the stacks, one right after the next, onto 18 plates (one for each row in the quilt top).

I'll need 13 pairs per row and there are 14 pairs on each plate.  The ones leftover will go into the project box destined for the three bonus quilts that will come out of this series sometime next year.

The owl fabric will be used to back Enchanted when the time comes.

* * *

I've come to grips with the fact that my self-imposed goal to have the 12 quilt series completed by year end is NOT going to happen.
  
Four are finished, the fifth is pin basted, three more are at quilt top stage, Enchanted is number 9, and the remaining three plus the bonus quilts will simply have to happen when they happen (likely next year).

It's all good.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Expectations are resentments under construction."
Anne Lamott

10 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely Fall colors in this WIP, QDJulie;))) great with the black and whites...nice you are all ready to get going on this one...
I am planning a Fall snowball quilt; my other snowball quilt I loved making ...so far I've cut browns, golds, oranges, and maroons... I may add in a red-ish-pinky color--- as the maple leaves out back look to be just that color...I am using my solids and semi-solids--finally !! It is ready to start in the New Year...
Hugs, Julierose;)))

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think it's best to enjoy each quilt as you work on it, rather than having a deadline that isn't working, at least for me. All of the quilts in this series have been so pretty and I will be looking forward to your layout on this one.

Connie said...

It's very interesting to see how other quilters work. Stacking your rows on the plates to keep them separated, smart idea. ☺️

cityquilter grace said...

love those colors! another yowza in the making...

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

There's no deadline!!! I'm liking this one so much.

Barbara Anne said...

Enchanted is going to be a lovely, glowing quilt and I love the owl fabric! How perfect it will be for the backing ... and perhaps binding?
You'll have time to enjoy bring all these amazing quilts in this series to their completion as you've relaxed your intended finish line. Good for you!

Hugs!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Glad to hear that you are giving yourself grace regarding that self-imposed deadline for the series, Julie. Enjoying the process is SEW much more important! This is going to be such a pretty quilt once completed.

Charlotta said...

Why rush? Will you not be kind of sad when you’re done with these magical quilts? Or do you have another huge project waiting in the wings? Obviously you work so much more efficiently than I do, but your self imposed deadline sounds way too soon anyway. I’m glad you got a reprieve.
When I took a class once from Virginia Findlay Wolfe she said something I’ve always remembered: “If you’re not having fun, you’re doing something wrong.” And personally, I don’t have fun if I’m having to rush or work under a tight deadline.
I LOVE your Macnas quilts.

Cherie Moore said...

Deadline, schmeadlines, who needs the stress of deadlines if they are self imposed, right? Glad you have come to terms with the deadline slippage. It will be quite the post when you do finish the Macnas series and we get to see them all together.

Helenchaffin said...

I like the idea of the paper plates! Pretty prints for this one?