Young Man just ended a four-night sleepover with us -- he and Dee Dah spent time over the weekend learning how to build a fire and of course, that meant roasting a marshmallow (or two . . . ).
In other news, it took just over a week but DH has finally resolved the mystery behind our garage door's unprompted opening at random times. As a result of his detective work, we have a new keypad, a new wall switch, new controllers in both of our cars, and software on our phones that lets us monitor the door remotely. After 48 hours without a new incident, we are feeling better about the situation.
There's been a lot of reading (magazines, books, and sadly the local news) which led to at least a couple of forward-thinking mindset shifts and lots of notes on things I want to try in some of my journals.
There was zero actual sewing or creating last week but that IS going to change later on today after the laundry is done (our washer has developed a serious dislike for unbalanced loads, so I stay within earshot when it is running).
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes . . . even you."
Anne Lamott
8 comments:
Young Man is getting VERY tall!! and what fun things to learn - I want to roast a marshmellow now!!!
What fun to have YM for four whole days and nights!! Building and tending a fire is a good life lesson.
Ah, long ago our garage door did that same thing and it turned out our neighbor's new garage remote was tuned to our remote's frequency. What are the chances? The neighbor got his remote re-keyed or something.
As the season changes, it's a good time to relax and pause for a while.
Hugs!
Young Man got so tall!! Hope you will be getting back into the swing of things soon; I totally empathize as things have slowed here also...
Feeling lots better today though...hugs, Julieroe
I haven't had a roasted marshmallow for years! I guess they can be done over the gas stove burners but I have never tried that. And, really, I don't need one, calories and such.
My washer has in the last 6 weeks started the same issue with unbalanced loads - something in the cosmos no doubt. It's a pain but not fatal, although there has been some noise here about buying another one, which I am pushing back against.
Your post probably started a run on marshmallows at grocery stores, it looks so appealing.
Ceci
A bouncing garage door would be creepy! Glad your husband has solved the problem. How is he at fixing washing machines? YM is getting tall!
As did some of the other commenters, the first thing I noticed was how tall Little Man was getting. You may have to change his handle to Big Man. I'm trying to get to sewing, too, but the end of season yard work is getting in the way. Very dry here right now which doesn't help.
Pat
I am finding hard to believe Little Man is so tall now! What a wonderful activity, learning to make fire. Seems there is so much “safety” mentality that children don’t learn how to do “risky” things and thus don’t learn how to safely manage them.
Post a Comment