Saturday, August 30, 2025

Where Things Stand


When I stepped outside to put something in the trash can, I noticed this butterfly drinking water drops from the grass.  

It took about a dozen photos to finally get this one that showed the beautiful blue in his wings.


When the weather starts to cool down, I tend to get a "cold."  Happens almost every year (sigh).

With the uptick in Covid here, there, and elsewhere; I used one of our Covid tests as a precaution.

So far, so good.  

(I'll test again tomorrow just to be on the safe side)


I tried sewing a couple more rows onto Grandiose, but quickly realized my brain cells were not working very well (stupid cold).

So I switched gears and got the cardboard journal bound.  I wasn't crazy about the instructor's method so I went with my tried-and-true binder rings.

In the end, I had fun making this but I seriously doubt I'll make another cardboard journal.


And to clean up my work area, I used a lot of small scraps and made three no-sew paper snippet strips.  

I did use up a pile of scraps but the process generated even more mess (which was put into the trash can).

* * *

Fingers crossed I start feeling sharper and more energetic . . . I'll post again when I have something to share.


Quiltdivajulie

10 comments:

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

I hope it's just a cold and that you're feeling better soon. The latest variant of covid is sometimes described as Razor Blade Throat, and I had it in June. It was awful and I hope you don't get it and continue to test negative.

Julierose said...

Your paper snippets look so good--I am sure you will be able to use them in a journal. I hope your C-tests remain negative...rest up and treat yourself...hugs, Julierose

MissPat said...

Ugh, summer colds are annoying. I hope you continue to test negative and feel better soon. I attended an 80th birthday party last Saturday and got a text from the hostess tonight that she, her husband (the birthday boy) and 2 of the guests all have gotten Covid. So I'm on a wait and see status. I haven't had Covid yet so it would be a bummer to come down with it now.
Pat

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The bees and butterflies have had lots of dewy mornings this humid summer for their drinks. Not many raindrops though.
I hope you are feeling better soon.

Barbara Anne said...

What a lovely photo of the butterfly daintily drinking water from the blade of grass.
Sorry you have a late summer cold and hope that's all it is. Wishing you WELL!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

As one who did get the dreaded Razor Blade Throat variant of COVID I sure do hope you remain negative. Take care of yourself and don’t feel guilty about doing it.

Hugs

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

From what I hear these upper respiratory infections are rampant right now. Stay well, my friend!

Nann said...

Covid is the test we are happy to fail! I have taken it twice, last week in NH and this weekend at home -- just in case. And I'm okay......How nice of the swallowtail to stay still long enough for you to get a photo.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Yes do hope this does not hang around too long. That Swallowtail is so pretty with those gorgeous blues. Thanks for sharing. I think you did well with your hobbies though feeling under the weather. I love seeing your cardboard journal. Take Care, J

The Joyful Quilter said...

Carboard journal and snippet strips are both journal techniques that I have yet to try. Most of my small paper scraps go straight into the trash. I save enough small fabric scraps already, so I don't need paper ones, too!