Friday, March 28, 2025

It Was One of Those Days



First up - before the not-so-good stuff started happening - this is card number 12, part of my series inspired by the Full Deck Challenge 3.

The prompts for week 12 were "holes and drippy paint"


This is the reverse side of my shipping tag.

(one of these days I'll learn to leave the back blank - or NOT)

DH has been doing spring yard work over the past week or so.  

For the second time (click here for the first time), the string trimmer threw a rock and broke one side of the sliding window panels in our sunroom.  Thankfully it is a double pane window and the rock damaged the outside layer only, meaning we don't have to worry about leaks while we wait for the replacement window.

DH's new rule is NO string trimmers within 75 feet of the house. (translation:  it can be used down by the street/mailbox and part way up the driveway but that's it).


By the end of the day, the window looked like this - truly spectacular in the sunshine.

* * *

And while knocking a dirt clod off an old plant, DH smacked a hand rake tine against his left thumb knuckle.  By mid-day, we were on our way to the ortho walk in clinic.  They suggested we come back at 4 so we didn't have to sit and wait all afternoon.  He was seen about 4:45, given an initial assessment (possible fracture), a tetanus shot, a round of antibiotics, and an appointment with the hand specialist first thing Tuesday morning.  

* * *

Dragon Fyre was quilted in between the day's other adventures.  I'll work on the binding today since Young Man will be here for a sleepover Saturday.  It will be such fun to see his reaction to the finished quilt.  


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
Duende (noun):  
the mysterious power of art to deeply move a person.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The broken window makes lovely patterns and shadows. But I guess it must be repaired...

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh good night - you had it all happen!! what a window - I will have to admit it looks really pretty, but I am sure you can't keep it that way haha! Hope hubby heals fast!

Julierose said...

Gosh what a day, QDJulie!!:((( Poor DH--not fun!! What is it they say? "I shoulda stood in bed"!!! I hope things go better today for you both and that the thumb heals quickly...hugs, Julierose

Barbara Anne said...

Oh, NO! What a bother to have a possibly broken finger (OUCH!) and an actually broken window all in the same day. Did your boys ever have the book "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day"? Our boys loved the book and it sounds like you had that day at your house. So sorry.
Wishing you well on finishing Dragon Fyre and surprising YM!

Hugs!

Robin said...

What a day! Everything is fixable but that doesn't take the pain away. Glad you were able to get some quilting in, Young Man will be thrilled!

Cherie Moore said...

Wow, what a horrible, no good , very bad day with just a sprinkle of good. Can’t wait to see YM’s reaction!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

What a day!

Ginny Clyne said...

OMG what an awful day. I hope Young Man's quilt is easier to finish for him. I am sure he will adore it. He has such a good eye for color and fabric. I hope your DH hand heals quickly. I am currently working on a ballerina quilt for our youngest granddaughter. She requested a ballerina quilt in pink because pink is her favorite color.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Too much adventure for one day, Julie! Hoping DH won't be out of commission for very long. I'll be looking forward to YM's reaction to his new quilt.

Vicki W said...

Wow, what a day! I hope DHs hand heals quickly. The window looks kind of artistic.