Friday, February 21, 2025

Max-Time




I spent most of Thursday with Max (my APQS George quilting machine).

We quilted a new set of utility mats for March - one for the cedar chest (rear), two for the end tables (left) and 2 for the ends of the fireplace (right).

I need to cut binding strips next and get these ready to use.

I like binding, but 13 WOF strips' worth is a lot - fingers crossed I don't procrastinate too long at this juncture.


While Max was on a roll, I quilted the slab made from the scraps left after cutting out Grandiose.

The four resulting placemats will go to Nann's project.

The binding is already made for these (shown at left), so it's likely I'll work on these first.

* * *

It was a very good day.


Quiltdivajulie

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Neat slab, QDJulie--nice work on this:))) Love the St, Paddy's fabric...I want to make a start on seasonal placemats (never did make them!!) I am going to begin by using some of my Ojos and strips...My hands are coming around to normal and am being really careful as to how long I will stitch. Hugs for a good weekend Julierose

Barbara Anne said...

Love your shamrock fabrics and aren't they festive?!
'Nann's project'?
I need to bind a small quilt so hope to have the umph to do it today. If I have spare binding umph, I'll send you some.

Hugs!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It takes a lot of binding for small projects. Usually by the last one I am getting pretty good at machine finishing them.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great to get so much done and admired. I end up machine stitching all my binding, so I don't find it too much. Love all the green- it is all white, white here.

Nann said...

Why, thank you, Julie!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the colours in your slab!