Thursday, January 2, 2025

Lizzy - a Finished Journal



Lizzy, the journal, is finished.  

This is the accordion journal's front cover.


The postcard lives in the small black envelope.


I added the sticker and stamp to the postcard's back so when a viewer flips it over, there's something interesting to see.


We all need to remember to leave a little sparkle wherever we go, whether it is something as simple as a smile or even a spoken  thank you. 


This is the back cover, at which point the reverse sides of the accordion journal pages become accessible.


The dragonfly sticker has a bit of gold in it which reflect when the page is moved.


The background is one of the postcards I've been creating with scraps using the masterboard technique.  


I found the Cuban postage stamp in my stash.


I love this quote from Mary Oliver.


And this is the final page.  (thanks to Lynne for the awesome sticker).

* * *

Hoping to get the rest of the horizontal seams sewn on Repose and get the quilt top pressed and, if pressing is still a problem, then I'll get Logophile pin basted.  It has been rolled onto the pool noodles since September.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Creativity is making marvelous out of the discarded."
Unknown

5 comments:

Connie said...

Well, it's simply beautiful and it's easy to see all the love you put into creating it ☺️

Julierose said...

Wonderful Journal finish; I love the old postcards and the "ladies" stickers throughout. ;)))
I have begun working on my 2025 Junque Journal slowly--trying to add to a few blank pages before Youtuber's "Caroline on the Hillside" prompts appear...I will be following those prompts this year....
Hugs, Julierose

Barbara Anne said...

Lizzy is just delightful in colors, designs, page composition, and quotations. Wonder if you might find a publisher for your marvelous books? They seem just right to add joy to the world, all the boys and girls, and perhaps fishes in tank, but not the deep blue sea!
Joy to you and me and everybody else!

Hugs!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Happy New Year, Julie! Congratulations on your latest journal finish. Was that a store bought accordion journal? I made one for Care December and found that it wasn't as easy as one might think. Is this a format that you will return to? I'm not sure that I will. If I do, I think it will be quite some time before I do.

Mystic Quilter said...

What can I say after seeing all these wonderful pages and reading the snippets you give us of the making - just beautiful and to say what a pleasure it is to see these journals appear in the midst of all your quilting posts which I look forward to enormously. Happy 2025, here's to more quilts and journals.