Friday, January 17, 2025

Friday Update




This is our front yard, one week after the 5" snowfall.  There are several of us whose houses face this direction with significant snow still present and since the polar vortex on its way, I'm guessing some of this will still be with us next week.

Thankfully the roads are all clear and dry as are most of the sidewalks (although the commercial ones are crusty with excess salt).



However, in our back yard . . . there are ever so many clusters of daffodil noses showing.

Having grown up in Michigan, even after 35 years in the Mid-South I am still thrilled to see these each January.



Indoors I've been playing with a couple more of the "Junk Journal January" prompts.

This one is for "line."



And this one is for "tissue."

I've named my eclectic scrappy glue book/journal EXPLORATIONS - I think I have two or three more prompts to create pages for during my evening playtime and then I'll be ready to work on the hardback outer cover.

(I have temporarily backed off on the rotary cutting, FMQ, and sit/sew projects as PT is making the shoulder/arm very tired and there's no need to push too hard and spoil my progress).

I'll be back on Tuesday with a special post.

Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------










14 comments:

iHanna said...

Signs of spring is more than welcome, always, right?

Lovely journal pages, the tissue layers are yummy.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think our snow should melt today with temperatures in the low 40s. We didn't have more than 1.5" on the grass.
I'm with cookie monster!!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Jealous of your daffodil noses. We have several more weeks to wait, Near Philadelphia.

Julierose said...

Ooooh just love Cookie Monster--and PBS and NPR ('nuff said!!)
Good to take it easier, QDJulie--you don't want a setback on that shoulder with PT workouts you are doing...
JJJ "line" prompt page is fabulous as is tissue--nice works....hugs, Julierose

Barbara Anne said...

We still have frozen snow on the shady side of our house and it's been there for12 days and nights. Groceries are coming, so I need to put on my boots and after this, I'll join Cookie Monster in a cookie!
Hope you cover your daffs before the freezing weather arrives.

Hugs!

Robin said...

I was in the process of eating a cookie when I read your quote from Cookie Monster today -ha!

Anonymous said...

Words to live by from Cookie Monster.
ceci

audrey said...

I'm with Cookie Monster!:)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow! Your daffodils are early. We don't usually see them until sometime in February. Looking forward to seeing what Tuesday's special post is all about!

Mystic Quilter said...

Do show up photos of the daffodils when they bloom they're such a cheery sight. I'm finding problems with rotary cutting, doesn't play nicely with torn rotator cuff issues! Definitely a good idea to back off the projects just prolongs the good work with your PT. N ow, can't wait until your Tuesday post!! LOVE the Cookie Monster quote.

Mary Ellen said...

I am jumping in on junk journals. I received needed supplies from Amazon yesterday. Shipping tags, cardstock, washi tape. I made a small accordion journal with card stock and washi tape. Looking through stuff I have that will work. I will start with the tags. First suggestions are red, orange, yellow and brights. Ought to keep me busy for a bit catching up. Thanks for the inspiration.

NGS said...

Daffodils in JANUARY. I lived for a decade in Michigan and saw no such thing! Spring is still MONTHS AWAY, bulbs! Don't come out yet!

Linda Swanekamp said...

What an absolutely lovely porch! We are going to be a deep freeze for the week, so it is plenty icy out there. I love sewing down scraps, but I hate raw edges. I hope the PT strengthens the shoulder and gets you back into rotary mania.

Nann said...

Thanks for the Cookie Monster inspiration. (And I do need to refill our cookie jar.) We escaped the snow storm but, oh, boy is it cold!