In the midst of December holidays, here's a late-arriving photo of Young Man in his Halloween costume. A co-worker of his mom took it while she and YM were doing a photo shoot on the campus where she works.
(For the record, he's Ron Weasley, not Harry Potter - it was easier to tell once Mommy added the red hair coloring before he headed out to trick or treat with two friends. The trio has been together since early preschool. The others were dressed as Harry Potter and Hermione Granger, complete with Harry's zig zag scar and Hermoine's bag.)
DH's eye surgery went well. This eye is not showing signs of halos like the first one (which it turns out had a bit of astigmatism left behind that will be dealt with early next year).
I haven't had a chance for any more sit-and-sew but I'm hopeful that will change over the weekend. I especially want to make a test block for a long-though-about fabric pull that has defied every idea I've had for it. If this latest idea doesn't work, the fabrics are going back in the stash.
I did spend a couple of hours one evening playing around with a new journal project (one of the white baskets shown in this post). It was inspired by the idea of Everything Art's Care December-the Pink Edition. But, as we all know, I don't do well at following prompts or someone else's game plan; so I'm off on my own using this unfilled journal I blogged about HERE.
My first step was to pull out all of the random bits I'd set aside in this basket and loosely tuck them into the empty journal, just to see how much more I might need to find hiding in my stash.
My second step was to make a sample sheet using iHanna's scrappy tissue paper collage background technique. I was delighted with the result and will definitely be using lots of tissue backgrounds in this journal.
. . . and then it was time to handle another something-or-other around the house.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Nobody will stop you from creating. Do it tonight. Do it tomorrow. That is the way to make your soul grow."
Kurt Vonnegut
4 comments:
Cutest photo;)))
I don't do well following directions--I always seem to veer away onto another path hahaha.
So nice to hear that your DH's surgery went well...
[AND-- in re: our country--
I'll tell you this--- we all need a lot of "SISU" right now...!!!]
Hugs for a great upcoming weekend Julierose
Brilliant and I hope you love every bit of ephemera that will go into this new journal and you'll have a smile on your face as you add items to the pages.
This is my month to enjoy Mannheim Steamroller's Christmas 4 CDs in a boxed set that I found in a shop more than 25 years ago. What exuberant joy!
Hugs!
Enjoy your journaling, Julie! I'm doing Care December, too, and only vaguely following the prompts. I look forward to each new video.
Thanks for the shoutout!
Post a Comment