Introducing Violet (named for Dame Maggie Smith's Lady Violet Crawley, Dowager Countess of Downtown Abbey), who has joined her merry band of cousins Chase, Hunter, Mischief, and Flash in my studio.
You can see all of their photos in the sidebar and posts with their previous appearances by using the 'studio squirrels' label below.
In between other things, I managed a bit more sewing time as you can see by how many more pairs of rows are on the design wall.
Here's a different view that includes a glimpse of the backing fabric (far left) - a gift from two online and later in-person friends.
(I am waiting to press all of the pairs before sewing them together, just in case adjustments are needed)
* * *
And then the squirrels distracted me with a nagging reminder that the clean out and re-org of my studio drawers was still waiting to be finished.
(done and dusted now)
Next up on the clean up the studio list will be the big closet in my design studio where project boxes, lined drawstring gift bags, and all sorts of other stuff are jumbled on the shelves and stuffed into the corners. I can manage the lower step on the step stool now which will let me reach the top shelf and I promise to ask the guys for help if there's something I can't quite reach!
As for the foot - I'm finally able to wear my normal orthotic in the surgical shoe and I can't believe how much I've missed that support. The swelling continues to lessen but standing still for any length of time is still uncomfortable - walking is actually easier.
Busy week ahead - hopefully with some studio time in the mix.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"All this endless thinking. It's very overrated."
Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham
12 comments:
Repose is coming together so well, QDJulie;))) Nice work...
Good that you are able to get yourself organized in your studio now
and walk about more freely...
hugs, Julierose
very nice low volume tumblers and top....i do find it serene
I am glad you are doing better and are able to be in your studio. I love the latest squirrel and all the others. Ginny
Violet is so elegant and what a sweet addition to your sewing room. Of course, I love all your squirrels. Now, my Sallie (squirrel) is going to want her picture up on my sewing room wall, as well as all of her friends.
LOL -- the juxtaposition of that very busy squirrel and the calm neutrals of Repose. Both are great!
That's good news that you are getting around better now.
Violet is certainly well named for Maggie Smith's part, arrogant and quite perfect!
You're wise to wait til you've taken an overall look at Repose before you sew more of it together. I think it's looking great!
How wonderful you're still on the mend and are progressing well. It is always good to be careful!
Hugs!
I am really enjoying seeing your low volume tumblers come along! Looking wonderful!:) And the new squirrel looks very cheerful!
Violet is just lovely! Definitely has the air of the Dowager. LOL The low volume tumblers quilt top feels very cozy to me.
Wow, your studio is getting overrun by squirrels :). Violet is quite the dame with her fancy hat and I love her! The backing goes so well with your beautiful calm top. So happy you are continuing to heal from your surgery….easy does it on the step ladder!
Violet is awesome! I'm so glad your foot is continuing to improve.
Welcome to the family, Violet!
Your low volume tumbler quilt WIP is awesome, I love all the pale fabrics together. I recognize that backing ;-) and it's perfect for this project. Glad your foot continues to get better and you're able to get out and about now.
Post a Comment