Over the past couple of weeks, while sitting in the recliner with my foot propped up, I've been busy harvesting words and adding them to my LEXICON journal.
The two-page A spread is filled as you can see above and below.
Ditto for the letter C spread.
Over the next few days, I'll share the other letter spreads that are filled . . .
Where did I find all of these: random sources include packaging, junk mail, thrifted books, magazines, coupon flyers, and grocery ads.
And to answer Tobia’s question - I started this project at the beginning of September, 2024.
Quiltdivajulie
6 comments:
Oh my gosh I am loving this so much I want to start doing one right aways. This is amazing.
How long did you collect words for though....
I really love your Lexicon Journal, QDJulie;))) so cool!! I am working on my "rebus" alpha book on and off as I come across pictures (apple for "a" etc) So glad that you have these things to work on while you are in recuperation mode--hang in there--hugs, Julierose
Oh, this is great! I love the idea of using the catalogs/junk mail we get for an art project. This is sparking ideas for me.
Brilliant in words and fonts!! Isn't our vocabulary rich in variations? Love the proximity of Bear and Bare!!
Hugs!
What a fun idea! I haven't seen this one, but I'm a big fan of all kinds of themed glue books these days. I just started filling ANOTHER en color glue book and I'm having fun with it. :-)
This journal is delightful and I love the way you've placed the words with such care! It's difficult to find things to fill particular spaces. Plus it could be used as an automatic prompt, just close eyes & select a word! I'm so into cut & paste journals -- they're engaging to create & I love looking back at them.
Post a Comment