Nearly 475 pairs of black and whites sewn, pressed, and sorted based on the darker fabric.
(there are at least six different white dot on black prints on the one tray)
There will be eighteen rows in the quilt, so I sorted each of the stacks from the trays onto these plates.
The pairs on each plate will become one row.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Women belong in all the places where decisions are being made."
Ruth Bader Ginsburg
6 comments:
What a great B&W quilt in process, QDJulie;))) Love all the varied prints--those zebras are amazing--they really add to the movement,
I think...neat title too. I hope your upcoming weekend is a wonderful one hugs, Julierose
Love the Tuxie - Tude quilt! I 'inherited' a bunch of odd cut black and white pieces (plus others that I've purchased over the years) and this is PERFECT for using all those up. Just wondering what size you cut yours? I have the usual pre cut sizes used for quilting. Besides those I have 32 clear plastic shoeboxes of various fabrics cut for quilts to be donated. The 1.5 x 2.5, 2.5 x 3.5, 2.5 x 5, Economy, Churn Dash, 2" 4 patches, 2.5" 4 patches, star hollow, round trip, maple leaves, scrappy stars, square in a square, zipper, and various sized squares and strips in various widths. Makes it super easy to sew up a few quick quilts that way. I cut up my scraps as I have them & straight into these boxes they go. I'm thinking possibly 2.5" x 5"? I'll probably need to create another box for the black & white quilts, I'm sure. Thank you for SUCH a lovely blog. I especially enjoy your search and use of unusual words for your quilts. As a long time reader (well over 60 years now) I learn and continue to learn with each new book, besides the enjoyment. I think that's one of the joys of life - continual learning about something new. Bless you for such a lovely blog and all you share with us! Deb
Wow! You have an amazing and wonderful variety of black/white prints and TOTs. This quilt will be delicious, in a licorice sort of way! Very interesting prints, too.
Did your eyes need a break for joy-joy colors?!
Hugs!
Deb, your comment came in as a no-reply blogger, so I cannot respond to you directly. My pieces are cut 2.5” x 4.5” but you could easily do the same kind of thing using one of your standard sizes.
Such variety! I can imagine a couple of brights popping in here and there....
That is going to look amazing!
Post a Comment