Her birthday journal was delivered Tuesday and she is over the moon happy with it.
She was delighted with the number of "intriguing" things - like this page with a stamp from Rwanda featuring a Norman Rockwell Santa Claus and a quality control slip from an at-home COVID test.
I found all of my Queen Elizabeth stamps and added them to this page from an old stamp catalog.
Everyone in her family is a huge fan of Charlie Brown . . . and the snaps came from the stash of our mom.
I even managed to tuck in a few bits of fabric (right page) - something I want to do much more of going forward.
She said she loved all the empowering words . . .
Didn't we all grow up eating Animal Crackers?
Another quote she especially liked.
The paper towel was used to soak up excess water in the pans after Little Man and I painted with water colors one day.
Turns out paper towel works well in journals!
I used this random water color note from who knows where and added a quote inside - Don't make things more complicated than they need to be (she and I are famous for doing that).
And here's a top view of the finished journal.
* * *
I was so worried about gifting one of my randomly eclectic journals, but after her reactions, I feel much better about gifting another one someday in the future.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"The artist vocation is to send light into the human heart."
George Sand











6 comments:
What a beautiful journal--so nice that your sister loves it;)) You did
a lovely job on it hugs, Julierose
What a unique and heartwarming gift! I can feel the love in it from here! Truly a beautiful birthday remembrance!
Amazing! This is a delight Julie and thank you for sharing these
pages with us. I find it so interesting to see your process and how you've incorporated personal items with memories, love the use of the paper towel with soaked up paints.
That's beautiful, Julie! What a treasure! Such a neat gift for your sister.
It's like curating scraps for a quilt, isn't it? What a charming gift.
Your CREATIVITY blows my mind. Such cuteness and though provoking and everything. Love your quilts, journals, post on LM please keep it going.
Jaanice
Post a Comment