Friday, May 19, 2023

Gratitude Journal - Post 3


This is the final set of photos from my Gratitude Journal.

(I love our new color laser printer for printing online graphics)


One of my all-time favorite quotes . . . 


I have always admired Helen Keller.


Another of my all-time favorites.


Emerson's "the only gift is a portion of thyself" was the greeting on the last Christmas card I received from my maternal grandfather.  I kept that card for years and am sorry I don't still have it to put in this journal.


Having grown up in Michigan, I was delighted to find this stamp with the bridge.


I like the idea of counting rainbows instead of thunderstorms, a lot.


Gratitude plus kindness plus joy create a wonderful framework for this journal.


While I might dabble with watercolors, I sincerely doubt I'll ever do well enough to create something like this wonderful bird.


This combination makes me happy.


Some of the older off-paper stamps, like these, are pretty interesting.


A piece torn from a magazine plus a wonderful quote graphic.


And one final postcard by Dori Patrick.  I've never seen this quote but I do like it.


Final interior page . . . 


And the inside back cover.  I just HAD to include a squirrel somewhere in the journal!



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer.  It sings because it has a song."
Maya Angelou

1 comment:

Nann said...

Your journals are beautiful, Julie.