Sunday, January 1, 2023

2023 Begins


Happy New Year to one and all.

I'm still debating whether or not I want to focus on a word or phrase for 2023 or whether I just want to take things as they come (leaning towards the latter option).  

All of us are still recovering from our month-long invasion of "the crud" but it is supposed to warm up today so we are going to open the windows and doors and invite lots of less-germ-filled-air inside.

There's been no studio time since my last post and likely won't be for another day or two as the Christmas pack-up process begins followed by the deeper clean the house ritual.  

The 2012 photo above is of my Studio Spirit Doll posing in my old design studio.  I wasn't using blog labels back then, so here's a link to the search results, if you want to know more of her story.  

Off to update our wall and desk calendars . . . 


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Do you know why birds sing just before dawn?  Scientists believe it is to tell their mates they made it through the night, as a way of saying 'I'm still here.'  Maybe that's why we sing, too, why we create art - as a way of saying 'I made it.  I'm still here!'"
Jeff Goins

11 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Happy New Year!!
i like going where the creativity leads!!

Barbara Anne said...

What a charming Spirit doll and I enjoyed her story.

I'll be joining you in the packing up of Christmas and deep cleaning as my energy (or lack thereof) allows. Today, the new kitchen calendar needs me.

Your amazing quilts and stash will continue to be eye candy for me in the coming year and I thank you! You're my only quiltie link to Memphis, too, as the family that is there doesn't sew at all. Incomprehensible.

Wishing you and your family good health, satisfying creativity, and joy in 2023 and for the world, peace.

Hugs!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope you all are better soon. I know it is an energy sapper when you are not feeling 100%.
Probably going with the flow is better than trying to stick with a word. More relaxing.

Nann said...

Your diva is a dear with her spool belt. I just composed my January 1 post--no word for me, either. I'm going to enjoy the journey. Good to know that the Seftons are returning to good health.

Dorothy said...

I have never understood the "word/phrase" for the year. I have always been thankful that I woke up every day and did the best I could to get through every day.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Focusing on health and creativity doesn't require a word of the year. Follow your muse and creativity will come alongside naturally. Happy New Year, Julie!

Shelina said...

Happy New Year! I hope that fresh air gets all of you in full recovery soon.

Preeti said...

Wishing you and yours a happy new year, Julie. I come her for inspiration and I am always overwhelmed with too much of it :-) Keep doing it. I am sure the word will come to you!

Mystic Quilter said...

Hope you now have a good run with your quilting Julie. I have bee experiencing similar issues as yourself, hopefully I can get back into the swing of things tomorrow or Friday. Hope you are both recovered now. Happy New Year.

Kaja said...

Happy New Year, Julie!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Happy New Year, my friend. Marc and I prayed for you and Larry this morning during our morning devotions. Each year we rotate through our received Christmas cards and yours was on top of the pile this morning. Wishing you both a happy and healthy 2023. I look forward to being continually inspired by your creativity, as always! Hugs~