Ukiyo is finished.
(noun "living in the moment, detached from the bothers of life")
55" x 71"
This was the second quilt as part of the 2021 AHIQ Symmetry or Not challenge.
(the first quilt top was Pandemonium - later donated to Mercyful Quilts by way of Alycia during Hands 2 Help 2022)
No outdoor photos - just too darn cold thanks to Winter Storm Elliott.
I do love the binding (cut lengthwise from KF yardage).
Here Ukiyo is laying on the floor in the sunroom with late afternoon sunshine.
Quilted with Glide in Pink Rose using my liberated all over spiral fans.
I absolutely love this quilt!
* * *
Hoping to have one more finish by year end . . . wish me luck.
Quiltdivajulie
------------------------------------"Art is chaos taking shape."
Pablo Picasso






8 comments:
That quilt looks like it was a lot of fun to put together. The binding is great. You have had a lot of finishes this year.
I love it too! So much movement and the binding is perfect. In the first photo, upper right or lower right, the part that looks like banners hanging, did you sew it like that or was that part of the fabric? It is so cool!!!
Merry Christmas to you and your family! We had a nice, quiet day and enjoyed every moment!!
What a joyful quilt and binding fabric!
We had a delightful next door neighbor when I was growing up who was named Kiyo and she died only last year at age 100.
Hugs!
What a stunning quilt!! Hours could be spent absorbing all the detail and placement of blocks and fabrics, I just love it!!
Wonderful happy quilt! Perfect name!
A delightful quilt of pieces and parts, Julie. Congrats on your super scrappy finish!!
WOW!!! That is just amazing!!!
And I love the work you chose... I Feel that should go on our refrigerators!!!
The fabrics and the parts are just wonderful!!!
What a great quilt to end 2022 on! The name is a perfect reminder for starting off 2023.
Post a Comment