Monday, September 5, 2022

Pieces of Progress


This small wall quilt made with three leftover pieces out of Lynne's stash is now quilted and finished.

I've hung it in my design studio near the doorway, where I can enjoy the bright colors every time I enter the room.


RAZZLE-DAZZLE has moved forward in that I've chosen potential border and binding fabrics from the leftovers stash, added the backing fabric to the design wall group (far right - Tula Pink's Lemur Me Alone) and added the last few pieces cut from Tula Pink's Between the Lines zebras. 

(for this quilt, I'm going to use one fabric for the side triangles around the exterior edges as shown above and I'll use the same fabric to add a narrow floater border)

The remaining side triangles are cut and waiting for me to get them laid out on the design wall.  


The 17" wide insert column for the back of Rident is sewn together.  I won't add the side sections using the green until the top is complete and I know how wide the backing needs to be.

To clarify an earlier comment about needing to make a big brother quilt - RIDENT will be for one of my sister's grands who will (if all goes well) have a new baby brother or sister next April.


The borders have been added to the baby girl quilt  intended for my sister's fifth grandchild (second girl) who is expected to arrive in early October.

I've also pieced the backing, gotten the layers for Penelope Rose (aka Ferhoodle) pin basted, and chosen the thread.

* * *

Progress on several fronts - now I can settle in and get to quilting.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"In our life there is a single color, as on an artist's palette, which provides the meaning of life and art.  It is the color of love."
Mark Chagall

7 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Lemur Alone couldn't be more perfect for Razzle-Dazzle, which is looking beautiful. Good to see that the zebras are all in place too. Lots of colour and spots in your last two projects. Whilst it's always a pleasure to make quilts and gift them I think the ones we make for our family members are extra special.

Julierose said...

I love colorful quilts for babies...really pretty and also great for developing eyes, don't you think? Hugs, julierose

Katy Sweigart said...

Love the polka dot quilt! I have some polka dot fabrics that have been aging nicely. This might be the perfect project for them!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I know it feels good to get all of those decisions made and now closer to finishing. I need to make decisions on some backings this week. Batting is already cut so the next step has to be taken.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for "insert panel" - I will be using it to explain the pieced strips in quilt backing (where I frequently use the extra blocks that didn't make it on to the front of the quilt). SO much better than "left over blocks thingy".

Ceci

Mari said...

Razzle Dazzle is looking great, and I love the whole idea of creating a border with the different light "wings." It's another beauty!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh Razzle Dazzle - how you dazzle me!! I LOVE IT!!!